Granby Auxiliary / Reserve Police
Alan Wishart- Chief of Police
Sgt. Steve Marion -Co- Director
Ptl. James White - Co-Director
The Granby Auxiliary Police Department is a volunteer organization which supplements the Granby Police Department. It's members ride with the regular department members, conduct Friday night cruiser patrols, direct church traffic on Sundays, and augment the department at Charter Days and major events. The department members are not compensated except when they do prisoner watch or work private duty details. They are required to attend monthly meetings (except during summer) and must adhere to department regulations and Auxiliary Police By-Laws.
Auxiliary Officer Requirements
- Applicant must have attained the age of 21 years at the time of appointment by the Board of Selectmen.
- Applicant must successfully complete the Massachusetts Criminal Justice Training Council Basic Reserve/Intermittent Course sponsored by the Western Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association or other designated agency or organization.
- Applicant must successfully complete training in C.P.R., First Responder, Firearms and any other necessary training.
- Applicant must currently possess a valid Massachusetts Drivers License in good standing with the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
- Applicants who have been convicted of a felony shall not be considered for appointment or sponsorship.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
- Applicants who are a resident of the Town of Granby and/or have successfully completed a Massachusetts Criminal Justice Basic Reserve / Intermittent Course may be given preference.
- Applicants will be subject to any Granby Auxiliary / Reserve Police By-Laws and questions in the application not mentioned in this description.
- A detailed explanation of the above mentioned requirements and opportunities in the Granby Auxiliary / Reserve will be discussed in the interview process.
Please fill out the application and mail to:
A Link to the Job Application can be found at the bottom of the website home page
Granby Auxiliary Police
Attention: Sgt. Steve Marion or Ptl. James White
259A East State St.
Granby, MA 01033